He arrived to Guadalajara in 1906, and since his arrival his studio was a favourite among the well-off classes in the city. The quality of his portraits, before unknown, persuaded all the members and relatives of the military and administrative elites to stand motionless in front of his camera.
He combined this activity with documentary photography, collaborating with the local weekly magazine Renovación (Renovation).
He travelled along the province to take pictures of its towns, monuments or landscapes. He recorded the military maneuvers, photographically documented the Alcarria society events, like parties or theater plays and reported bullfights; he was much valued in this activity.